My photo
Westmeath, Ireland
Beauty blogger. Reviews and more :) avrilbyrne2@hotmail.com

Saturday 18 May 2013

Sleek ~ Face Contour Kit & Brow Kit ~ REVIEW



So I had set out a few months ago to find a good contour  matte powder and my sister actually told me about the Sleek Contour Kit. It comes in three different shades; light, medium or dark. Regrettably I chose the medium(885) one and I think its too dark for my skin tone.

 Its packaging is of course very 'sleek' with its built in mirror and it is the perfect size to carry around in your handbag/makeup bag. 

On the right hand side of the pallet there is a beautiful illuminating highlighter which I was very impressed with. I was so disappointed that I had gotten the wrong shade for my skin tone but the highlighter made it some what bitter sweet. I use the highlighter almost every day on the top of my cheek bones and on my brow bone. It completes any makeup look giving your face a bright 'more alive' kind of look.




I did some swatches here on my hand. The powders are very pigmented and seem really good quality. The contour color is great for the hollows of the cheeks or even for the sides of your nose for a slimming affect. The highlighter is just gorgeous. Its really shimmery and comes out as a really pretty light gold color on the skin.

As I have said already I really wish I had ordered the lighter shade. But that being said i really enjoy the highlighter and I will most likely be getting the pallet again in the light shade. It doesn't break the bank as it costs €7.99 on the Sleek MakeUp website  http://www.sleekmakeup.com/ 




Okay so moving swiftly on to the Sleek MakeUp Brow Kit. Simply perfection. 



I have used countless amounts of brow gels and brow pencils but to be honest none can compare to this one. The Sleek MakeUp Brow Kit comes in four different shades; light, dark,extra dark and black. I purchased the dark shade as I have got dark eyebrows.

                                                                                         
It comes with two different shades a lighter one and a darker one. The lighter one is a powder and the darker one is a gel/cream. I don't really use the darker one at all but my sister is quite fond of it.
It comes with two applicator brushes and a small tweezers.The angled applicator brush is my preferred choice over the other one as it gives me more control of where I am applying the color.
On a bad note I don't find the tweezers very good at all so I don't even carry it inside the pallet anymore.
It has also got a built in mirror so this pallet is very good for carrying in your handbag/makeup bag.

BEFORE:                                                                                                          AFTER:







             


So as you can see this brow kit is perfect for filling in gaps and creating a little bit of shape. I myself am not a big fan of big fake looking, filled in eyebrows but this pallet is great at creating natural looking eyebrows.

The Sleek MakeUp Brow Kit is worth a go. It is a little pricey at €9.99 but if your looking for something that looks natural and will last for a loooong time then this product is worth the investment. It is available on the Sleek MakeUp website:   http://www.sleekmakeup.com/     :)            

No comments:

Post a Comment