My photo
Westmeath, Ireland
Beauty blogger. Reviews and more :) avrilbyrne2@hotmail.com

Sunday 19 May 2013

Hair Products I Can't and Can Live Without



I guess I'll start with my favorite favorite favorite hair product that I definitely cannot live without.
It is batiste dry shampoo. It gets rid of any grease from your hair leaving it looking fresh and clean.

Obviously its not made to replace washing your hair but if you are someone who has to wash your hair every day because its greasy then this is the product for you.
I don't have very greasy hair but I have a side fringe and because I touch it constantly and because its sitting on my forehead it gets greasy after a day of being washed. So instead of washing all of my hair all the time, which is not healthy for your hair, I spray a bit of this dry shampoo into my fringe and brush it through. It is a little scary at first because the spray comes out a white/grey color but all you have to do is rub it in well and brush it through and the white/grey color will disappear and your hair will look and smell as if its just been washed.

Another great use of this dry shampoo is if you have just washed and dried your hair and its looking a bit limp or dead. I would spray this into your roots and rub it in. It gives your hair a bit of volume and texture, making it easier to style. :)
Batiste dry shampoo comes in a massive range of different scents and ones for specific hair colors. You can see all the different ones on their website http://www.batistehair.co.uk/products
They vary in prices and sizes but its between 4-6 euro for a 200ml can.
       
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'll move on to the next hair product that I can't live without and it is Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance leave-in conditioner.

This leave-in conditioner is applied to wet hair. I spray this in my hair,concentrating on the ends, as soon as I let it out of the towel. It helps to untangle my hair, which can be an ordeal at times with my hair being so thick and course. After drying my hair I can notice the smoothness and soft texture that it gives. If that isn't enough to float your boat the smell definitely will. WOW... the smell of this product is just lovely. It smells like bubblegum :O enough said.

So this bad boy is available in most pharmacy's. I bought it for €4.74 but it usually ranges between 4-5 euro :)



     ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I'll talk about the product that I most definitely CAN live without. It is Schwarzkopf got2b power'ful.


So this is suppose to be a magical powder that disappears when you rub it through your fingers and is to be applied to the roots of the hair for weightless volume.
Okay yes it disappears when you rub it through your fingers but it turns into a sticky weird consistency. I don't even know how to describe it. I don't even know why I had the guts to put it into my hair. It just didn't do what it was meant to do and not to mention it smells rank.

This is just my experience .. maybe I was using it wrong but the smell was enough to put me off.
Maybe there are people that love this product but I'm not a big fan but for anyone interested in giving it a go it is available in most pharmacy's and it costs around €5.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lets end this post on a good note :) My last hair product that I can't live without is John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Agent Perfecting Crème. 


This product is applied to dry hair. I usually use this after I have straightened my hair to create a nice shine. Its great at the ends of your hair to pull in all those fly aways or broken hairs. If my hair is feeling dry or a bit frizzy I would rub this through my hands and run my fingers through my hair to tame the messiness.
An additional bonus is that it has that lovely 'just been to the salon' smell. mmmmmmm... :)

I purchased it from Boots Pharmacy but I know you can get it at Tesco or ASDA and I'm sure its available in most pharmacy's. It costs around 5-7 euro and is well worth.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment